Introduction to the Microsoft DP-900 certification exam
The Microsoft DP-900 measures the following skills:
- Describe core data concepts (25–30%)
- Identify considerations for relational data on Azure (20–25%)
- Describe considerations for working with non-relational data on Azure (15–20%)
- Describe an analytics workload on Azure (25–30%)
The passing score for the DP-900 exam is 700. As of this writing (December 2022) the English version of the DP-900 exam was last updated on August 4, 2022.
The MS DP-900 certification exam has the following study areas.
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals: Explore core data concepts
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals: Explore relational data in Azure
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals: Explore non-relational data in Azure
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals: Explore data analytics in Azure
Among the learning objectives of this exam study materials are the following:
- Become familiar with Azure relational and non-relational data concepts.
- Understand the various data workloads in Azure, including the transactional and analytical data workloads.
- Become familiar with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Become familiar with Azure SQL T-SQL queries and KQL queries.
- Become familiar with Azure blob, file and table storage accounts.
The official study guide with links to MS Learn learning paths is available at https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE4wsKZ.
Some practice exam questions are also available at: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/certifications/resources/dp-900-sample-questions?azure-portal=true.