When leading a busy life and you need to remind yourself to take a step back, relax and reflect, you definitely need something which can fit into your computerized work schedule. An interesting free offering is that of the Headspace meditation app , which is now offered as part of Microsoft Viva Insights in Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Viva Headspace meditation app in Teams
The Headspace experience will roll out starting in late June 2021 to users who have their language in Teams set to English. Additional languages will be supported soon.
Viva Insights has introduced a curated set of guided meditations and Focus music from Headspace. Reach these resources on the Home page to help you start your day grounded, relax your mind before a big presentation, or find focus before starting an important project. In just a few minutes a day, meditation and mindfulness with Headspace can help you decrease stress and increase focus. Any time you want, you can start a guided meditation that’s been designed for the current time of day:
- Open the Home page of Microsoft Viva Insights:
- To start the Headspace exercise, select the ‘Play’ button on the Headspace card:
- (Optional) Browse through a curated set of meditations that are designed to fit different scenarios within the flow of your day. To see your options, open the Practice mindfulness page by selecting More mindfulness exercises.
- Under Practice mindfulness, select a meditation option in the Guided meditations area or a musical option in the Focus music area:
You can open and run Viva Insights in a new window. This lets you play Headspace meditations and Focus music while continuing your collaboration in Teams.
- Locate the pinned Insights app on the left navigation pane of Teams.
- Right-click the Insights icon.
- Select Pop out app. This opens a new window in which the Insights app is running.
- In this second window, select More mindfulness exercises and then start a Headspace meditation or Focus music as described in Start a guided meditation.
- Optionally, minimize the Insights window that you just opened. You can continue working in Teams in the original Teams window.