Microsoft has announced the availability of the new FsLogix Apps release 2.9.7576.47294. This is in public preview state and is open to testing via the FsLogix community. The new FsLogix release can be used in on-premises Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops installations, as well as in Azure Virtual Desktop.
As per Microsoft, the following changes have been included in this release:
- HotFix changes which resolved scenarios where OneDrive IDs may not be unique and could cause OneDrive files being lost and require recovery have been moved into standard release. Internal ID# 4823244
- Various scenarios were addressed where FSLogix VHD files may not be detached if session events are not correctly communicated to FSLogix. As these changes are significant, this is currently an optional setting. This is configured using CleanupInvalidSessions and is documented in https://docs.microsoft.com/fslogix/profile-container-configuration-reference for Profile Container and in https://docs.microsoft.com/fslogix/office-container-configuration-reference for Office Container.
- Logging changes for 2009 see:
- Comprehensive logs now in ETL files
- Cloud Cache logging primarily in Event Viewer
- FSLogix logging now includes an item to return size on disk. NOTE: Although not all logging changes are enumerated in release notes this change is called out due to a large number of requests.
- FSLogix logging now includes an item to return installed version. NOTE: Although not all logging changes are enumerated in release notes this change is called out due to a large number of requests.
- Cloud Cache now supports limiting the size of the local cache file documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/fslogix/cloud-cache-configuration-referenc
- When OneDrive is included in Office Container multiple accounts are now supported, as is OneDrive personal. NOTE: this change is unique to Office Container, Profile Container would have previously supported these scenarios.
- Corrected an issue where frxshell was not properly terminated when a temp profile is used. Internal ID 4674736
- Various logging has been modified to provide meaningful and actionable information in logging Internal ID 4753284, 4753055,
- Issues were corrected where, in rare circumstances, VHDs may be mounted, or be unable to be unmounted due to incorrect session state ref. Internal ID # 27154120, 26603055
- An issue was corrected that could cause an excluded user to cause an error to be thrown in FSLogix. Internal ID# 27921125
- An issue was corrected that could cause an excluded user to cause an error code 2 on logoff. Internal ID# 27096157
- Corrected an issue where profiles could not be copied using frx.exe copy-profiles when Windows Store applications were used. Internal ID# 24929101
- Fixed an error where FSLogix did not respect the SharePoint customized sync directory. Internal ID# 26013414
- Corrected an issue where the search database could become damaged when using FSLogix and applications that use the search database or MAPI. Internal ID# 26371372
- Corrected an issue where FSLogix installer could fail with an error of “0x80070666 – Another version of this product is already installed if a newer version of CRT is installed.
- An issue was corrected that would cause FSLogix not to unload registry hives on logoff when using App-V. Internal ID# 26843561
- Corrected an issue where, in rare cases, the Frxsvc would crash in SessionCleanupManager. Internal ID#27017418
- Corrected an issue where RW disk is not cleaned up when using CCD ProfileType 3. Internal ID# 27556471
How to download FsLogix 2.9.7576.47294 release
To request a download of the public preview use the registration link below: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR3HZFwpyCxVCngXplJaL78tUNFgxMkhVSzJRSTY5MEg4QjAyV1o0MTRJSy4u