The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a global standard that provides a baseline of technical and operational requirements designed to protect account data. It is a multi-layered set of specifications which target at acceptable security and privacy levels for all organizations which process any type of payment cards in their transactions and need to achieve compliance.
PCI DSS recently announced its next major release, which is PCI DSS 4.0. You can read the full press release at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/about_us/press_releases/pr_03312022. The new release comes along with the PCI DSS Resource Hub. The PCI DSS Resource Hub provides all the standard PCI DSS 4.0 official documents as well as educational resources to assist organizations with their PCI DSS v4.0 journey. The following documents are included in the PCI SSC Document Library.
- PCI DSS v4.0 official set of specifications
- Summary of Changes from PCI DSS v3.2.1 to v4.0
- PCI DSS v4.0 Report on Compliance (ROC) Template
- PCI DSS v4.0 ROC Attestations of Compliance (AOC)
- PCI DSS v4.0 ROC Frequently Asked Questions