New Windows Server 2022 announcement
On March 2nd 2021 Microsoft announced that Windows Server 2022 is in preview, the next release in our Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC), which will be generally available later this calendar year. It builds on Windows Server 2019, our fastest adopted Windows Server ever. This release includes advanced multi-layer security, hybrid capabilities with Azure, and a flexible platform to modernize applications with containers.
Try out the new Windows Server 2022 preview
Find out more about Windows Server 2022 from the following resources:
- Watch our Microsoft Ignite session for more details about the release of Windows Server 2022.
- Learn more about Windows Server Software Assurance benefits
- Software Assurance customers can take advantage of New Version Rights and will be able to upgrade to Windows Server 2022
- Try Windows Server 2022 LTSC in preview:
- Download Windows Admin Center
The Windows Server 2022 preview is now available for download from the Microsoft Evaluation Center.
A description of release notes and new features in Windows Server 2022 is available at: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2021/03/02/announcing-windows-server-2022-now-in-preview/.
An msinfo32.exe output from a lab VM running Windows Server 2022 Preview looks as follows: