After Chrome or Chromium browser update to Version 100.0.4896.60, users attempting to authenticate to Citrix Gateway and launch a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops resource (virtual app or virtual desktop) may get stuck at spinning circle as shown below. This article provides guidance on how resolve issue with Citrix stuck at spinning circle in Google Chrome version 100.0.4896.60.
Citrix reports that the above issue manifests under the following conditions:
- Citrix Gateway integration with Storefront
- Custom Themes based on RFWEBUI, but may appear at others.
- Chrome Version updated to 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit) or later triggers the issue.
-Users are stuck at a spinning circle
- Chrome version 99 works
- Firefox current version 98.0.2 Works.
- Observed at NS13.0: Build 83.29.nc but may be present at others.
This article provides guidance on how to mitigate issue with Citrix stuck at spinning circle in Google Chrome version 100.0.4896.60.
Citrix has created a knowledge base article which, for the time being as of early April 2022, provides a workaround until the issue is permanently fixed. As per the “workaround” section of the Citrix KB article, you should take one of the two actions below:
- Switch back to default Rfwebui Theme in Citrix Gateway.
- Use Firefox.
Citrix is working on a fix. If you cannot control the Chrome version updates on your customer’s local machines, you can only provide a workaround until Citrix provides a permanent fix.