You need to add a Microsoft 365 user from a user template in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
Carry out the following steps to add a Microsoft 365 user from a user template in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- Navigate with your Web browser to https://admin.microsoft.com.
- On the left pane, click on Users, Active Users then click on “User Templates” on the main screen and choose “Add template”.
- You will be taken to the “Setup your template” page. Provide a name and a description for your user template.
- Optionally, tick the “Make this template available to other admins who manage users” checkbox if you want to un-publish a template, delete it. You can’t change a template to private after it is published. Click “Next” to continue.
- Select the user DNS domain and under password settings choose the “Auto-generated password” option.
- Tick the “Require the user to change their password when they first sign in” checkbox and click “Next”.
- Select the geographical location and the type of licence to assign as part of this user template. Or check the option to not assign a license to the user. Under the “Apps” section, leave all default selections and click “Next”.
- On the next page, optionally fill-in any additional admin roles you wish to provide the user with in the context of this user template and fill-in any additional profile information if needed. For example, for the HR department of a large corporation, fill-in the “Department” field with the “HR” value. Click “Next” to continue”.
- Review your template selections and click “Finish Adding” to finalize the creation of the new user template.
- Your template is now ready to use. As next steps, you have the following options:
- Add a user using this template
- Create another template
- Manage user templates