You need to convert existing Microsoft RDS per-user CALs to RDS per-device CALs or vice-versa.
Refer to the following article if you need to troubleshoot RDS licensing issues:
You can convert RDS per-user to RDS per-device CALs or convert RDS per-device to RDS per-user CALs by utilizing the RDS licensing manager console (MMC console). Follow the steps below.
- In the RDS licensing manager console, expand the record which corresponds to the existing RDS licenses you wish to convert and right click on this record.
- Choose “Convert licenses”.
- Choose between full and partial conversion and click “OK”.
- Confirm the requested conversion by clicking “Continue”.
- RD Licensing manager will provide a confirmation message for successful RDS CAL type successful conversion.