Applicable Products #
- XenApp 6.0 for Windows Server 2008 R2
- XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008
Symptoms or Error #
When starting an ICA session, the following error message appears:
“Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator.”
Caution! Refer to the Disclaimer at the end of this article before using Registry Editor.
Complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Rename or delete the user’s folder in <SystemDrive>\Users.
- Delete the Security Identifier (SID) that corresponds with the user’s account in the following registry key:
To locate the SID that corresponds to the user’s account, click each of the subkeys in the ProfileList, and observe the ProfileImagePath string value.
Also make sure that Citrix Profile management service is Running
Alternative Solution #
- Locate Citrix user profile store.
- Search for the user’s name in the profiles folder.
- After you find the user’s profile rename it to .old
- Have the user log in to create a new profile.
Problem Cause #
This error might occur if profiles are either corrupted or not correctly deleted from the server.
Caution! Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Be sure to back up the registry before you edit it.
You can find more detailed guidance and step-by-step procedures for analyzing and troubleshooting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops organized by category in my Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Troubleshooting e-book.