This article is available in my podcast and Youtube channel.
View this article as a how-to video on Youtube.
You can also find details on how to manage all your licensing and billing configuration inside the Microsoft 365 Admin Center portal at the following article:
In this how-to article, we will show you how to assign a license to a Microsoft 365 user from the Microsoft 365 Admin Center Web portal.
Go through the following steps.
- Open your Web browser and navigate to https://admin.microsoft.com and login by using your administrator credentials.
- On the left hand side pane, click on Users, then Active Users. This will populate the list of available users on the main screen.
- Click on the name of the user to who you would like to assign a license.
- On the popup pane on the right, click on the licenses and apps tab.
- Check the license you wish to assign to the user and click Save Changes.
- Your user’s license allocation occurs instantly. However some of the associated services and features (for instance an Exchange Online mailbox) will be fully functional after maximum 1 hour.